Make your Strategy Clear and Focused
We live in an uncertain world, and throughout this decade hot business opportunities and large threats will co-exist.
Has the crisis passed, is the economy growing again or will the recession continue? Whatever the answer, business leaders must dramatically improve the ability of their business to respond quickly to different economic cycles.
Here are some useful guidance notes are drawn from a book called 4 plus 2.
Make your strategy clear and focused
- Build a strategy around a clear value proposition for the customer.
- Develop strategy from the outside in. Base it upon what your customers, partners and investors have to say and how they behave.
- Maintain antennae that allow you to fine-tune your strategy to changes in the marketplace.
- Clearly communicate your strategy within the organisation.
- Keep growing your core business; beware the unfamiliar.
Trevor Parker is a Strategic Executive Coach and Mentor to private clients trying to excel in a world of increasing competition, pressure, negativity and stress. Positioned as one of Yorkshire Business Insider’s power 100 and a fellow of the Institute of the motor industry, Trevor is a uniquely qualified and experienced Strategic Executive Coach. Learn more about Trevor here.